Sunday, January 7

a t t i c 2


R: so last time we left off with aaron and your ladder.

K: yeah, he's got my ladder but won't admit it.

R: you asked him about it?

K: yes, i did but it got lost in the shuffle or something.

R: i remember when aaron moved into that house.

K: yes! that's when i took the ladder there for the first time, to help him install some drapes!

R: right! in the bedroom! 'cause tina doesn't like light!

K: yeaaah, thaat's right, she doesn't... i had to drill the holes in the cement to hang the rods.

R: and you needed the height that only a ladder can provide...

K: well he didn't have one did he?

R: you know i remember that day. we drank beer. john was there. maybe brett too.

K: yeah well, it was before all the marriages happened. and the micro brew too!

R: all the marriages? mine and yours... and aaron's. john's always been married.

K: and brett! always! heh! heh! ha! brett! well i don't get to drink beer on sunday afternoons too much anymore, do you? i know he's got that secret stash there somewhere. he's doing it just to torture me... i know it.

R: kevin.

K: well anyway i don't know if he has it or not, he might but might not but i think he had it but something happened to it i'm not sure.

R: you know they ended up replacing the drapes with newspaper?

K: what? no. you lie.

R: yes! aaron told me. it just looks better he said.

K: well that's just stupid. it took a long time to drill those holes that day too.

R: i'm pretty sure i didn't help any. i have this image in my head of all of us standing around hoisting tall boy hites while you worked. aaron was somehow able to simultaneously compliment your handyman talents and make obscene canadianer slave jokes.

K: that sounds about right!

R: it's as if we were all invited over there to watch him abuse you.

K: oh horseshit!

R: like he derived some kind of sick pleasure out of it. like an evil puppeteer manipulating us all. we were the audience and you were his plaything

K: and i was the plaything? crackhead.

R: and then he made you take your shirt off. remember that?

K: that never happened. for the record.

R: and then he got out his cat o' nine tails...

K: yeah right...

R: ok so what's next?

K: there was the time when he asked us to meet him near nova to help him take his computer in.

R: yes! and we met him in the parking lot on gung yi rd on motorcyles!

K: yes! and he had his car. he parked the car. took the desktop out of the back seat and we strapped it onto my bike.

R: and he got on with me.

K: we rode him and his computer to nova.

R: ...like idiots.

K: like idiots. shortest ride ever, took maybe 30 seconds.

R: we must have gone for beer after that..

K: oh probably...

R: listen, we gotta talk about the cat, Karlemagne and more about Red A's secret stash...

K: ok later elevator...

R: you're going to go look for that satsh arent you?

K: i'm already there, through astral projection!

5 comments:

Kevlar said...

Aa rod will get mad and kick you butt. You should watch out. He has the same sense of humor as bread... NONE!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the whole hanging drapes project was just a cover plot for Aaron to steal your ladder. If so, that's pretty clever.

Hey! I need a good ladder. Kevlar, why don't you come over to my house and help me change a light bulb? Bring a ladder. A good one.

Kevlar said...

I am not worried about any ladder loss. Immagine Karl on a ladder! Like the store clerk wouldn't laugh at him purchasing a ladder. Maybe its for his " cough" friend.

Red A said...

The drapes are still being used. The worker did a good job despite being a Canadian. Payment in beer seems to be the trick.

For the other windows Tina taped up brown Mahjong table paper...it works pretty well, too, but I did not have to pay her anything.

I have lost a few things in my life that really bug me:

a. John's cowboy hat. I truly have no idea where that went.
b. Kevin's ladder. You'd think it would be hard to lose a ladder. The again it had seen better days.
c. My motorcycle several times.

1. Drive to 7-11 for beer. Park motorcycle. Buy beer. Walk home drinking a beer. Next day motorcycle is "missing"
2. Motorcycle so old that the apartment staff assume it is abandoned and place it next to the dumpster. (Got lucky that time.)
3. Park motorcycle next to park. Wait 3-6 months. Search for and cannot find motorcycle. Shrug shoulders and hope the guy who is now driving it in Nigeria is enjoying it.

d. Bread's Johny Cash CD. Except I finally found that.
e. Karl lent me a book and I lost it. Have no idea where it went.

I'd say I think most of these incidents involve either my wife "straightening" up or beer. But they really irk me since I would like to be trustworthy person. (I am looking for my Battlestar Galactica DVDs.)

Anonymous said...

Your Battlestar Galactica DVD's are a my house, along with a Back to School DVD. I don't know how they got there, since I borrowed Turton's DVD's.