Sunday, September 16

Kinder surprise, Foil Wrap, and other Sunday Asses


Sunday afternoon I walked, carrying my little swimmer to the AMVET pool.

Stopped at 7-11 to buy some drinks and cigs.

Arrived at the pool with 410 nt. I figured it was enough... well it cost 250 for an adult and 200 for a kid.
I left my wallet at home. I figured I would walk half way back
home and exchange the cigarettes for the 60 nt
and have enough for the pool.

While explaining to the woman why I didn't want the un-opened cigs anymore,
super-fast kid had peeled the foil, crushed the egg and was putting on her chocolate facial.

Damn!

Then I had to pay for the egg, tell her to stop punching numbers, "I want the cigarettes!".

The look on her face.

I was getting annoyed because it was a challenge to get my trooper packed and out of the house. Now I would have to return home to get some loose change....

Well the second attempt I used my favorite stroller.
Had a pleasant journey. Forked over the 450nt with a smile... and gave an " annoyed look" to the life guard when he told me my kid couldn't be in the lane swimming area.

450nt! i kinda hoped she would poo in the pool. (But I knew she did that before we went out).

Some kid about 15 years old (probably handicapped) was threatened by my presence and kept yelling (barking) something in Taiwanese at us when we were too close.

On my stroll home. Ran into Joe who pays 1600nt a month to swim at AMVET.

If Kinder surprise was not on the bottom shelf and AMVET cost so much ... my day would have been a little smoother.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I paid 12000nt for 100 tickets to swim there. You should have asked...
p.s. 450nt! i kinda hoped she would poo in the pool.

duh... I swim there too

Anonymous said...

anonymous needs to sign in so kevlar knows whom to ask...bread

Anonymous said...

450 nt is not awful.. they have lifeguards with sunscreen, and big hats. I should have felt safer. I paid more for the "safety features".

Rye said...

that pool charges full price to infants that don't even swim, i.e. Burl...