Tuesday, February 12

Ear Quality Update

After probing the inner contents of my nose with a tiny camera on a black whip-like wand. The doctor sent me to a booth for a hearing test. Following a pressure test it was determined there was no nerve damage. My right eardrum is intact and has surface bubbles. My difficulty in hearing is the imbalance of pressure in both my ears. I then filled my prescription for oral decongestants. Since taking these new pills my ears have been popping every hour. The doctor says my hearing will be fine once the pressure has balanced. He suggested I continue to clear my ears by pinching my nose and blowing gently.
First visit cost me 720nt, second visit cost me 480nt... That's 1200 nt on pills.

I spoke with two doctors on the first visit. The second visit had three technicians and two different doctors. I bounced around enough to get one prognosis, I wonder how easy it would be to get a second opinion. I think in the end I could have put more effort into equalizing my ears and my hearing would have recovered just as quickly.

No comments: