Thursday, July 24

Owning a car


1000 km in, and parking is not a problem. I get a sticker from a company advertising the buying and selling of used cars. approximately every two days. I don't park at John's because there is plenty of free parking close to my residence.
I have been to Taipei, and taoyuan airport, Maioli several times. The hilly, willy, nilly Taian hot springs The car had some dash warning lights lit but they stopped blinking. the stereo buttons are tiny.
Costco carded me and said this is not you. The cashier then eyeballed Wifey and Kaia and said it ain't you either. Chinese flew around everyone smiled and I was told that the owner of said card should get one she could use in Canada. and for 1000 i can sign up right now for a membership I could use in Taiwan or Canada.( i am not the first with that..)

The exhaust pipe broke, i blame my extreme efforts to escape parking spaces. I don't know why people park near legitimate spaces, touching them. I haven't scratched any cars, It is called rubbing or bumping. It is kinda like, I was here first. You need to park, but you block my simple drive out exit. Once I was looking for the guy who parked on the outside of my space preventing me from getting in the drivers door or driving out. When the meter maid came along ready to stamp me up for the next hour. "Hey man, you can't charge me, I want to leave and I am trapped. How about towing these two illegally parked vehicles". he smiled and left. Moments later I found the owner of the shiny SUV, was also a shop owner on the street. It was a good thing I didn't scratch Ryan's name and number into the hood, like last time.

No comments: