Thursday, July 24

Monopoly


It had been a long time since I played this game. i remember different rules. The one that sticks in my head is that you had to buy all of one area before you could build houses for rent.
Well no game with my in-laws would be complete without a little side wager so we went with 4 players at 300 each winner takes all. I had terrific luck the first game but was bored with rolling the dice to escape the high rent spaces on the board. My second game ended quickly as had to sell off my newly acquired real estate to cover my rolling debts.
Monopoly is fun, but better on the beer. Playing a group game is good. Glad not to be pushed into playing a few rounds of mahjong. In mahjong when you are up in cash, people want you to stay around and around and maybe just one more round.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the regular Monopoly that we grew up playing, you do have to own a complete set of properties before you can buy houses or hotels. You however were playing the uncle Wang version and as everyone knows... he just can't keep it in his pants...