Monday, April 21

Allen Carr


link to the free pdf of Scandal.

OK so it has been about five weeks. I read Scandal and started the other book.
Problems:
1. I want the joy(high)boost of smoking and I can't get it.
2. I continue to cough a lot and my throat hurts (tender)
3. I am getting fat, my clothes don't fit
4. I fart too much and seem to easily get indigestion.
5. 10 to 11pm I am wiped and can't stay awake.
6. wake up between 6-7 am daily
7. Cigarette smoke sticks to my clothes and stinks (yeah I know)
8. My sense of smell is better so I can really detect, the unpleasant odours of public transportation. Street food does not taste as good as it used to.
9. While exercising (swimming, cycling) I find myself gasping for air.
10. I wonder what it is like to kiss a non-smoker !!!

I bought two copies of this Easyway book in Chinese. I managed to give both away to some realtives .. I hope they read it.

Perks:
No one believes me, my teeth always look like I just went to the dentist, I didn't buy and smoke 700 cigarettes (20 a day*7 days in a week) *5 weeks
.
.
that is it, there are no benefits to quitting.
That nonsense about boost of energy levels is a load of CRAP!! Unless were talking about the amount of time it takes to go from normal to stark raving angry. Cause temper management could be a problem. If I made a list of things to change I would like to give up TV, swim the 1500m in one day and not two weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I disagree on not having any energy, as I can run all the way to a bus stop when I could only make it a quarter of the way before. Yet, I can feel your pain, for I also have been experiencing the ex-smoking blues. A month off that Carr-esque 'vile-weed,' has brought me to reminiscing of smoking, and the enjoyment I had while smoking. Oh, to be in Taiwan with $2 packets, I wouldn't be a non-smoker if I was in Asia. What are you doing?
Start smoking again, friend. Quit when you leave T-dot and find yourself having to drop $10-12 for a pack in some western land.
Chris

Rye said...

I agree with Chris, when I'm not smoking I feel much better and have more energy. I have a Nat Sherman or two when I drink beer or wine but have completely given up being a day time smoker. Maybe you should allow yourself the odd one when you're having a beer after work. What harm can it do? You're breathing smoggy air pretty much every day anyway. Just don't smoke when the sun's up.