Sunday, March 30

Poker with Ponce

I got a phone call at 6:31 "Hi Kevin, Are you going to

play..." Confidently I respond something about small

children going to sleep and I will get there, if these

things come together.

With a bag full of beer and soft drinks I pitch at 7:15.

To the left I see Karl and to my other left there is Dave,

who refers to me as Ry and asks me where is his

poker table? I had to remind him, he missed the boat

that was years ago and he and I have had this

conversation more than once...

So Karl and Dave break out the one player x-box

Grand theft auto Miami Vice German edition. I had a

smirnoff ice and put my feet up, and started to drift off.

Concerned the game didn't make sense Karl kept the

barge of questions steady. One that caught me "How do

you get blowjobs from street hookers?" Too which Dave

was quick to say you take them in the car and you fuck'em

and the car moves.
Sex in a video game is 14 year-old male nonsense. Karl

has been bumping his head on the low beams.

Sam arrives about 8, then Brett at 8:30, Jeff 8:45. = six


Slow loud really smoky. Max bet 30 unless stated otherwise

makes it really hard to catch up, or push anyone out. I hate

Kings and Little ones. I do not want to play 31 in a box with

a fox, with a spoon or a fork, not with a dork or a noob.

I lost 1400 and after one phone call left at 2:00, went home

and had drunk sex, well I was drunk.

This morning I am coughing like I have a cold. I recently

met some non smokers, then I read Allen Carr's free online

pdf book Scandal. It struck a bell and I have been smoke

free just over two weeks.

1. Constant cough 2. improved sense of smell and taste

3. bleeding gums 4.tired/ tiredness 5. my hands don't stink

Poker may not have been any fun but at least the clouds

didn't tempt me to smoke at all. I am really surprised to

re-learn what cigarettes actually smell like. As Sandy once

said "Well Kevin, I wasn't planning on being a smoker my

whole life." i think i have wasted too much time.

Or drinking more beer without cigarettes is a new

kinda high, that leads to a grumpy morning hangover.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

so in order to have sex with your wife, you have to get drunk?

Kevlar said...

Where in the post did it say I had sex with my wife?
i did hear poker night stories about other people having sex with their wives... and (dumbass) making videos.

since i have stopped smoking, I have this burning itch for a new drug... and beer tastes better.. yeah and i could not have been drunk

Anonymous said...

"I lost 1400 and after one phone call left at 2:00, went home

and had drunk sex, well I was drunk..."

i must admit i made two assumptions:
1. your wife was the only woman at home
2. you didn't have sex with kaia.

which of these statements is incorrect?

Anonymous said...

The Carr book eh,

I read it once last year, stopped for 8 months, started smoking for a year, re-read the book, and have quit a week today. I think the book is great, as long as you follow the rules. So is havin a cigar when I finish my last exam a step in the right or the wrong direction?

Chris

Anonymous said...

Hey annoy-o-muss, Forget about the sex.
Focus on what you have to do!
-K

Anonymous said...

so did you or didn't you have sex? b

Rye said...

I'm gauging from the post that he had sex just not with another person.

Anonymous said...

but in his own home??? b

Red A said...

"Karl kept the barge of questions steady"

How'd he do that? With a pole in the water or some sort of internal gyroscope linked to propulsion jets on each side of the barge?