Thursday, November 9

Si Ping Kweer Bait

K: I was just at the park and some guy made a pass at me!

R: What?

K: I was sitting on the bench, you know one of those park benches, having a smoke when this guy comes and sits down next to me.

R: Unh-huh...

K: Well then he leaned back and put his arm around me.

R: heh-heh... go on...

K: Well I thought that was strange enough but then he put his hand on my knee and started to move it up my thigh!

R: So what did you do?

K: I stood up and said, "Bu yong la! Wo bu yao LA!

R: What did he say?

K: He just kept on smiling and said "Bu yong she me?" and motioned for me to sit back down.

R: Did you?

K: NO! I walked away got on my bike and came straight to the office. He asked, "Ni yao hui jia ma?". I said yes I was going home. What the fuck?

R: Shit dude. Maybe he was inviting you back to his place...A man can't sit in the park and have a smoke these days, eh?

K: Exactly! And this isn't the first time this has happened near here...

R: Right, right, our readers probably aren't aware of the first incident...
Why don't you fill them in?

K: Right, okay, a few months ago I was on my way to work and I stopped at the Family Mart to get some smokes. When I came out there was this guy standing there...

R: Same guy from the park?

K: No, different guy. This guy had a little poodle with him and asked me if I lived around there...

R: The Si Ping Rd. area?

K: Yeah... anyway he asks me what I'm doing and I say I'm on my way to work and he asks me if I want to go swimming with him back at his place...

R: And did you?

K: No!

R: Okay, okay, I'm only asking for the record Kev...

K: I see, I see... Well since then I've seen that guy around and he's always looking at me... in that way, you know?

R: Christ on a rickshaw Kev! You must have been wearing your SPACE PANTS!

K: Yeah maybe but what the fuck!

R: Some guy hit on me once when I was in living in Korea... same deal, hand on the knee, the stroking of the thigh...

K: What happened?

R: I balked and he bailed. Stuck me with the bill, the bastard.

K: Gawd! Korea!

R: So are you going to be avoiding Si Ping from now on?

K: I can't! I work there! I eat there! I smoke there!

R: Can I call you queer bait?

K: Fuck off!

R: You're kinda the exact opposite of Bread.

K: You're a dick!

R: Maybe the guy was laying groundwork. We've learned that groundwork is really important. He's hoping next time you'll be friendlier...

K: There won't be a next time....

R: I don't know, they say groundwork pays off...

K: YEAH, IF YOU'RE A LANDSCAPER!!!!

3 comments:

Kevlar said...

I forgot about the poodle guy at 750 am. I was referring to the 711 homeless looking guy, who likes to gesture and blow kisses at me.

Chaon said...

I'm not sure what's funnier- Kevlar getting targeted for affection by gay men in Taichung, or the phrase "Christ on a rickshaw!".

Either way, my co-workers want to know what I'm laughing at.

Bread said...

kevin, you're getting it all wrong. i'll send you a detailed explanation on the purpose of groundwork at a later date (though i thought this week's email summed it all up).