Monday, October 30

Nostalgia drinks

R: Hey D-Wayne, can I get a rum and coke?

D: Sure. You want a tall glass or a short glass?

R: Tall. Your coke isn't flat is it?

D: No. No. I check 'em all to make sure now.

Enter Kevlar...

K: You know what Brit Paul just told me?

R: No, what?

K: He got so drunk Friday night that he went home to the wrong apartment building.

R: That's pretty drunk.

K: Yeah. It was the one he lived in last year... hey what are you drinkin'?

R: Rum and coke.

K: MMM... I want one of those... Hey Dwayne! Can I have what he's having?

D: Sure. You want a tall glass or a short glass?

K: Tall.

R: Nice choice.

K: Well, I can't let you have all the fun... I'm a couple beers in... mmmm... that's good...

Next day...

rye got up with a fuzzy brain after 2 tall kirins, 3 tall rum and cokes and countless inhalation... went to work for 8 AM... still fuzzy... and thirsty, damn thirsty, not hungry, well he did eat some granola and shu bing, damn the shu bing. Dammit when did rye become such a lightweight?

11 AM... enter Kevlar at school...

K: How much rum is in one of those?

R: A lot I think. At least half rum. I'm a little fuzzy today...

K: Yeah. I had a few and Dean bought me a beer and then I thought I'd have another so I did and then Brit Paul bought me a beer... by 9 I was just silly...

R: Some good though eh?

K: Oh yeah the nostalgia drinks you drinkin the nostalgia drinks I thought I had to have one, then more... yeah... some good...

R: I hit the hay early.

K: I was hung over before I went to bed. thank god Kaia slept through last night 'cause I was too sloppy to do anything like that...

R: I wonder how Red A's doing.

K: Whatever he's doin' I'm sure he's doin' it his way and I'm sure it's done by now!

4 comments:

Kevlar said...

Red looked after his child for an hour. Rye kept oiling the liver. He looks greasy today.

Kevlar said...

Lemon Gin was quite a drink back in the day. Cheap wine never worked for me. Rye whisky and coke. Kalaua and milk. Irish cream on ice. vodka and orange... canadian club and 7-up

Rye said...

where I'm from the boys used to call lemon gin 'panty remover'. They'd get their girls the tiny pint bottles on friday nights...

'Hermits' is this cheap old red wine in a screw top bottle that cost less than 6 bucks. The kind where you had to pick the grape peels out of yer teeth later, if you could stand.

'Great White' was the white version and tasted worse...

...and for the record, kevlar, I feel greasier than I look today, if that's possible...dick.

Red A said...

For the record, I spilled beer on myself later that night.

The next day I felt okay though. Not 100% but not so bad.